With MOBILedit Forensic, you can upload and analyse Samsung Smart Switch backup files. Below you can find a guide on how to create this backup and upload it to the MOBILedit Forensic.
Import of a Smart Switch backup is only supported if it has been created using the mobile app (.bk file). The phone must not be connected to a computer when the back up is created. Import of a Smart Switch backup created on either a Mac or PC (.json) is not supported.
Open the Smart Switch app on your Samsung device and select the “EXTERNAL STORAGE” option:
2. Connect your USB flash drive via OTG cable and select which data you want to back up:
3. Click on the “BACK UP” button and wait for the process to finish:
4. Connect the USB drive with the stored Smart Switch backup file to your PC.
5. Open MOBILedit Forensic and select “Import data” to load the backup file:
6. Select “Smart Switch backup file”:
7. Find a location with your stored Smart Switch backup file and click on “Open”:
8. Type the valid password for your Smart Switch backup file, if required, and select “Enter”:
9. Your Smart Switch backup file has been loaded and is ready to be analysed. To start with proceeding data analysis, please select “Next”: