How to install correct Apple drivers
It is important to have the device drivers installed correctly. By default, Windows installs a limited MTP media driver that does not work.
Download and install the Apple drivers from our page here.
Open the Device Manager and change the view to “Devices by connection”:
3. Expand section “ACPI x64-based PC” and subsections as you can see in the picture below:
If you see the “Apple Mobile Device USB Composite Device” continue with steps below, otherwise contact the customer support for additional help.
4. Right-click on “Apple Mobile Device USB Composite Device” and select “Update driver”:
5. If connecting the iPhone model higher than 7, Select Apple USB Driver & USB Composite Device → Right-click → select Update Driver:
6. After selecting update driver, if a new window appears, select the option viewed below:
7. The next step is to click on the “Let me pick.....” option:
8. Choose “Have Disk…”:
9. Click Browse and navigate to C:\Program Files\Compiled Driver Disc (Full)\Apple\amd64 (for 64-bit Windows) or \i386 (for 32-bit Windows):
10. Choose usbaapl64 (64-bit Windows) or usbaapl (32-bit Windows) and click “Open”:
11. Then click “Next” and “Close”:
12. Restart the computer if requested.
If you are still unable to connect your iOS device to the MOBILedit Forensic, please contact our customer support for assistance.